PENDING - This incredible (+/-) 12.39-acre piece of property is situated in a fantastic Queensbury location and is presently set up as a fully operational horse farm with stables, barns, and sheds that serve plush manicured grounds where the horses roam. Opportunity for development here as this site falls within the Town of Queensbury "O" zoning code - which allows for a plethora of residential and nonresidential uses with a density of up to 8 dwelling units per 1 acre of allowable calculated land. Lots of potential at this site.
Sketch Layout Explanation
PLEASE BE AWARE: There are no current approvals in place for a project at this site. Any hypothetical project at this site would be subject to full town approval.
Important to note:
- As contemplated in Town of QBY Code § 179-3-040B(2)
- No residential uses shall be allowed less than 600 feet off Bay Road.
- "Table 3: Summary of Allowed Uses in Commercial Districts" identifies Multifamily house/condo as an allowable use, subject to site plan review.
- "Table 1 Table of Area Requirements" identifies Residential Density for "O" (Office) Zoning code as 1 acre per 8 dwelling units.
The sketch layout above is possible with the approval from the town as it relates to acreage to be included in the density calculation:
- Property line adjustment that sees an addition of ~(+/-)1.67 acres from the adjoining property to the rear that includes structures that accompany the horse farm.
- This property would need to be viewed as "O" zoning in the eyes of the Town of Queensbury for inclusion in the density calculation.
- Obtain a variance to reduce the 600' setback off Bay Rd. to 500' (as what the setback was when the current owner purchased the property in May of 2021).